Re: attribute-value-selector-004.xht not well formed

On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 02:43:44 -0000, Sylvain Galineau
<sylvaing@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Point well taken on fix-ups. However, we are talking here about an
> attribute. I agree with your main point i.e. we want to test that the
> entire rule is dropped. The best way to do that would be to use :

> At which point we know the entire rule was dropped. Your proposal
> assumes that if p is not red then the other selector in the statement
> was also dropped. In other words, that the user agent's error handling
> is valid. But isn't that what we're trying to test ?

If the selector is dropped, how could it ever match in the first place? In
any case, if you really want to test it like this maybe a better way would
be to use

and

   [title=1lala]

as that should have the same effect and work better in XML.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/