Re: CSS 2.1 tests: again

Gabriele Romanato wrote:
> Just finished to upload the new tests:
>
> http://www.css-zibaldone.com/test/more/

descendantselector0.html
descendantselector1.html

The problem with these tests is that, because 'color'
inherits, the test will still pass if the UA applies
the color to the ancestor instead of the descendant.
You'll have to find some other property to use for
testing.

dinamicpseudoclasses0.html

You need to say specifically what colors it will get,
because the UA may have a default color change that
is not the same as what we're looking for.

dinamicpseudoclasses1.html
dinamicpseudoclasses2.html

Again the instructions need to be more specific about
the expected change.

dinamicpseudoclasses3.html

Form controls are outside the scope of the spec, so
this test can't be included. You could write the same
test with regular links, however, since those can be
styled and also :focus'ed

first-child0.html
first-child1.html

This needs to require that the filler text be gray
(or some other more obvious color). And also again,
you should make the colors clearer by using bold
text or backgrounds and using blue, orange, and
fuchsia instead of green, black, and blue. They are
good tests, however.

first-letter0.html

I'd rewrite this test to make the test separate from
the instructions, and instead of describing the :first-letter
styles, have two identical paragraphs

   .test, .control {color: green; font-weight: bold; font-size: 1.8em;}

This type of test is much quicker to scan.

first-line0.html

Like the first-child tests, you need to make the
filler text part of the text. Pick a more obvious
color and require that it be that color and not
be green. (Also, you should make this paragraph
bold so that the colors stand out.)

grouping0.html

Good test. I'd make the fonts bold so that the color
stands out; other than that I see no problems.

grouping1.html

Same as above. Also, remove "not red", as it's not
necessary and is unnecessarily different from the
previous test.

id0.html
id1.html

Very good tests. As with the class tests, I'd make
the colors clearer by using bold text or backgrounds
and using blue, orange, and fuchsia instead of green,
black, and blue.

lang0.html

I'm going to skip over this test, since Eira has submitted
a set of :lang tests that are more comprehensive.

link-visited0.html
link-visited1.html

These do a good job of testing the :visited pseudo-class
but they don't actually test the :link pseudo-class. Also
the link should say "Follow" instead of "Click" so that
the instructions are accurate for non-mouse navigation.

typeselector0.html
universalselector0.html

These are both good tests, but I'd make the text bold so
that the color stand out, and use blue, orange, and fuchsia
instead of green, black, and blue in the type test.