Re: Microsoft contributing test cases to the CSS WG

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 18:26:05 +0100, Chris Wilson
<Chris.Wilson@microsoft.com> wrote:
> The test cases are published now at
> http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/csstestpages/default.htm.

Awesome guys!

I went quite quickly through these tests (mostly by checking which failed
in Opera 9.2x) and found some small issues:

http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/csstestpages/Chapter_14/background-position-041.htm
http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/csstestpages/Chapter_14/background-position-042.htm
http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/csstestpages/Chapter_14/background-position-045.htm
http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/csstestpages/Chapter_14/background-position-046.htm

are all invalid per CSS 2.1. The keyword needs to be on a specific side of
the length/percentage per CSS 2.1.

http://samples.msdn.microsoft.com/csstestpages/Chapter_12/content-applies-to-001.htm

is valid per CSS 2.1 but CSS 3 allows this. It makes sense to not test
such things in CSS 2.1 to me. For instance, we wouldn't test

   p::before { content: "FAIL" }

either because it's obvious that Selectors Level 3 endorses such a syntax.

Some tests have an unclear passing condition, but I haven't put references
down for those. In general these looks pretty good though.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>