Re: CSS 2.1 tests

Gabriele Romanato wrote:
> During the development of a book on CSS (Pearson),
> I've collected a long series of tests. they also cover advanced layouts.
> the URI is:
>
> http://www.css-zibaldone.com/test <http://www.css-zibaldone.com/test>
>
> I don't know if they are eligible to be added to your suites.
> If there are some discrepancies or explicit violations in your test
> methodology, forgive me in advance for the waste of time.

Heya Gabriele,
Thanks for pointing us to your test suite. You have a lot of interesting
tests there. Unfortunately we can't use them as-is. There are a few
reasons for that:
    a) Many of them are multiple tests combined into one long page.
       For our test suite we need the tests to be short and independent.
    b) Most of them don't have very clear pass conditions: they show
       what happens in the browser, but it is very difficult to tell
       if what the browser is doing is correct.
    c) Our submission format is XHTML 1.1 as documented here:
         http://csswg.inkedblade.net/test/css2.1/format
       This part is the easiest to fix.

We'd love to have your help with the CSS2.1 test suite. I unfortunately
don't have time to convert all your tests to match our guidelines, but
if you can fix a) and b) I will certainly help you with c). The CSS2.1
Test Suite Guidelines have some guidance on writing good conformance
tests:
   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/guidelines.html
You can also look at our existing tests for examples at
   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/
They are listed by CSS2.1 spec section here:
   http://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/Test/CSS2.1/current/xhtml1/by-section.xht

Our contribution process is documented here:
   http://csswg.inkedblade.net/test/css2.1/contribute
Sending new tests in a few at a time is easier for me to process than
all at once, so if you only have time to work on a few tests that's
fine! Let me know if you have questions or need any help~