FW: CSS2.1 Test case issue

Just forwarding to the test suite list for tracking.

Melinda

________________________________

From: w3c-css-wg-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-css-wg-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Markus Mielke
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 9:25 AM
To: w3c-css-wg@w3.org
Subject: CSS2.1 Test case issue

I like to clarify or remove the following test case from the selector
test suit (19):

http://www.hixie.ch/tests/evil/css/selectors/tests/html/tests/css3-modse
l-19.html

The test case tests a specific definition of "active" (from the time the
mouse is clicked down until the time it is released). In the CSS2.1 spec
this is an "example" and not normative text.

Also looking through the text in the HTML spec there is no normative
text defining the duration of "activation" (which I think would be the
right place to define it).  Currently, the spec reads that the UA
defines the time for activation. In that case we cannot have a normative
test that tests the time of the duration (since as long as the
activation starts and ends at some point in time it is conformant)

Thanks

-- Markus