Re: Assumptions about UA default style sheets

Grant, Melinda wrote:
> I am currently responding to a complaint from another company regarding
> t1402-c45-bg-canvas-00-b.xht and t09-c5526c-display-00-e.xht. This
> company uses a display value of 'inline-block' for the 'html' element

I must be missing something.  Using "display: inline-block" for the root is
exactly equivalent to using "display: block" (or "display: inline", for that
matter), according to the CSS2.1 draft I'm looking at here.  So if this rule
causes this UA to fail the testcase, that would be a bug in the UA.  And we
should probably add an explicit test along these lines to the test suite (or
rather a series of tests testing all the possible values of "display" on the root).

-Boris