From: public-css-testsuite-request@w3.org [mailto:public-css-testsuite-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of L. David Baron
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2007 11:57 PM
To: public-css-testsuite@w3.org
Subject: Re: Assumptions about UA default style sheets

On Thursday 2007-06-28 04:54 -0000, Grant, Melinda wrote:
> Importing the style sheet in App D would remove these variances.

I would hope that a goal of the test suite would be to improve real interoperability, not just to ensure that implementations comply with the letter of the spec no matter how badly they handle real content.  Even if the spec doesn't explicitly forbid things, I think we should still be able to expect reasonable behavior.  (At least given the current state of the formalism in the spec.)

And if implementors have reasonable variations in the UA style sheet that they think we should account for in the test suite, we can handle those on an as-needed basis, as I think we already agreed to do.

-David