[csswg-drafts] [cssom] Provide access to counter values (#5879)

From: JP Sugarbroad via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 23:22:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
taralx has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [cssom] Provide access to counter values ==
Currently there is no access to counter values, even with `getComputedStyle`. I'm trying to implement a system that allows cross-reference to specific elements in a list, and in order to do that I'm having to count the elements myself. Since the browser has already computed the counter value (and AFAIK counters are not reflow-sensitive, unlike page numbers), it seems like it would be useful to expose them directly.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5879 using your GitHub account