[csswg-drafts] Persistent bikeshed auto-linking to old versions of specifications (#5878)

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2021 16:26:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
svgeesus has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== Persistent bikeshed auto-linking to old versions of specifications ==
Most noticeable to me with drafts persistently linking to CSS Color 3 for `<<color>>` but I have also seen annoyingly persistent links to CSS Fonts 3, etc.

To take CSSOM-1 as an example:

``html
<pre class='link-defaults'>
spec:css-color-4; type:value; text:color
```

and yet

```html
<<color>>
```

links to Color 3. Is the link-defaults line wrong? Why does it have to be overridden anyway, and where do the defaults come from?

For other auto-links, bikeshed helpfully says it arbitrarily chose one possible link and gives the link-defaults lines to permanently pick a particular option. But for these, it doesn't do that.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5878 using your GitHub account