Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-selectors-4] browser focus styles and focus-visible, example 38 (#4278)

From: Rob Dodson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 22:43:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Just ramping back up post-vacation, sorry for the dealy!

> So if Chromium decides to change the UA sheet to use :focus-visible there'll be a change of behavior in those cases, when you click an element like the one in the example the outline would be gone after the change in the UA sheet.

Yes, I believe that's correct.

I think @alice can speak more to this. My guess is that we didn't want to change too many things at once so it seemed safer to ship `:focus-visible` first, let folks play around with it for a bit, and then update the UA stylesheet.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by robdodson
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4278#issuecomment-759785056 using your GitHub account