Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transitions] Returning event info or targets for transition events (#5862)

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 00:22:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm sorry, but unfortunately I don't quite understand the request so please excuse me if my answer below is not helpful.

[`TransitionEvent`](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-transitions/#transitionevent) inherits from [`Event`](https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#event) so you can detect which child fired the event ([example codepen](https://codepen.io/birtles/pen/abmRYOb)).

Regarding `elementStyle`, I believe `transitionProperty` gives you this information?

As for referencing the selector that triggered the transition, unfortunately that is complicated since many selectors and inline styles may contribute to the set of computed transition properties that define the transition.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5862#issuecomment-759120903 using your GitHub account