Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-cascade] What is the appropriate syntax for appending to nested layers? (#5791)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2021 01:55:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
On the other hand, staying away from the Selectors analogy might be a *good* thing? In particular, this *shouldn't* match the descendant combinator, but rather the child combinator. So instead leaning on the programming-language `.` actually feels a little better to me.

(And I don't want to use `>` and admit the possibility of a descendant combinator as well; that seems unnecessary.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5791#issuecomment-757076850 using your GitHub account