Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images-3] image-rendering:pixelated should not force "nearest neighbor" (or similar) when the scale factor is far from an interger (e.g. 150%) (#5837)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 18:10:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It is indeed the case that `pixelated` is mostly only useful if you're scaling by integer multiples.

So the question then is - are you doing something that really wants `pixelated`-style scaling, but centers on non-integer scale multiples? If so, can you provide more detail on this?

(There's a lot we could *potentially* do to make scaling different or better, but it needs to be driven by a demonstrated need that we have reason to believe is at least somewhat common, or uncommon but highly valuable for the small population that needs it and very painful to work around.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5837#issuecomment-755466460 using your GitHub account