Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-positioning] position: popover proposal (#5699)

From: Cory LaViska via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2021 00:42:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> it sounds more like what we need is the ability to override the default containing block with a different ancestor.

This sounds like it would indeed allow us to use the fixed positioning technique more reliably. For this use case, I don't see a need to support arbitrary containing blocks aside from the initial one. 😄

--
GitHub Notification of comment by claviska
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5699#issuecomment-754990787 using your GitHub account