Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Reduce layout shift via @font-face descriptor(s) overriding inline spacing (#5533)

From: jfkthame via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 21:38:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Here we want both stable layout and the designer's ideal font, so `font-display` can't achieve the purpose. Instead,
> we're using quality of fallback font typography as the cost of the tradeoff.

It's possible the desired font will fail to load altogether, and the user will be left looking at the fallback font; it would be sad if they're left with not just a fallback font, but a fallback font with distorted spacing.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jfkthame
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5533#issuecomment-713892383 using your GitHub account