Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-2] content-visibility should pause css animations in subtree (#5611)

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 23:10:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don't really know. At a glance making `getComputedStyle` behave consistently seems good. I don't really understand the mental model for `content-visibility`. My naive understanding was that it was a hint and hence `getComputedStyle` should continue to consistently.

Special-casing `getAnimations` could make sense but then it opens up the question of which other APIs to special-case. Would it be such a performance cliff if we simply updated all animations in these subtrees that one time? We'd still avoid ticking them beyond that point.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5611#issuecomment-709636565 using your GitHub account