Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain-2] content-visibility should pause css animations in subtree (#5611)

From: Robert Flack via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 23:04:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
When I wrote that I was thinking even for forced flushes from the author, but thinking more about this it could make sense to have an exception for forced style flushes so that getting the computed style doesn't behave differently in and out of these subtrees.

`getAnimations({subtree: true})` will be a bit of a performance cliff if we require that it account for animations within hidden content-visibility subtrees but on the other hand it may not be too common and we already have the same issues with select all and find in page.

Do you have a preference?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by flackr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5611#issuecomment-709634639 using your GitHub account