Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-contain] contain:size needs to mention its effect on aspect-ratio (#5585)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 00:44:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I agree on the substance of of the issue, and think we should fix this in L2.

However, I'm not sure we need to patch it up in the Level 1 spec as well, rather than just in the Level 2. As I see it, there's nothing wrong to be fixed in L1, it just doesn't define a particular thing, which will now be defined in the next level. We should absolutely go back and fix mistakes / contradictions in earlier levels, but having earlier specs be a tad vague, and later ones be more specific seems perfectly normal to me.

It's not particularly hard to fix l1 as well, so I won't object if y'all insist, but I just don't see the need.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5585#issuecomment-703964095 using your GitHub account