Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Should interoperability be a goal for the `accent-color` spec? (#5480)

From: Greg Whitworth via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2020 00:45:40 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Thanks for the ping @mfreed7

As it relates to this issue I'm in favor of **Option A**

I discussed this issue at length with @brandonferrua on our SLDS team and ultimately we will not utilize this property until a time that we can have a guaranteed utilization across UAs. So ultimately I'm in favor of what @tabatkins is trying to get across and what I was trying to allude to in this [comment](https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5187#issuecomment-675791426) on the original issue.

Since A is primarily trying to gently prod to keep with the spirit of the property I prefer it and I think that it will serve the needs of some developers but technically both A & B are a type of hint since they are non-normative definitions.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gregwhitworth
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5480#issuecomment-703964519 using your GitHub account