Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom-view] Let offsetWidth / offsetHeight report actual size? (#4541)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2020 16:48:47 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
So the issue here is that the `a` is suffering from "block inside inline" splitting; rather than having a box that surrounds the `div`, it has two boxes that are siblings of the `div`'s box, and both just contain some whitespace (collapsed away, so 0x0).

(And then, separately, the `div` is still linkable, because it's inside the `a` in the DOM, unrelated to the CSS box tree.)

I'm not sure how Firefox/etc got the idea that the `div`'s box was valid to return. Was there a change to this text at some point? I'd have to history-dive.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4541#issuecomment-600742529 using your GitHub account