Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scrollbars-1] scrollbar-width should be inherited (#4799)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 16:50:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Hm. I understand the argument for not inheriting the scrollbar-width property; it's a layout property, and we don't usually inherit those, for precisely this reason.

But on the other hand, as the OP points out, inheriting makes it easier to have a consistent scrollbar design across a site, the same justification used for having scrollbar-color inherit.

And the more general issue of two properties under the same prefix not having the same inheritance behavior still makes me very uncomfortable. I feel like we have *one* example of that in all of CSS and it's for a very special case (I forgot what, but I think it's related to text).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4799#issuecomment-595858305 using your GitHub account