Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-4] Serialization/normalization of color() (and other advanced color functions) (#4826)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 16:51:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I know that I've written plenty of code that looks at color serializations for various reasons, and I absolutely depend on it coming out as rgb() so I can parse it and do math on it. (Old IE versions instead giving back whatever input format you put in was thus *extremely annoying* as I had to implement all the named keywords too.) I assume that my experiences aren't unique.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4826#issuecomment-595858504 using your GitHub account