Re: [csswg-drafts] [scroll-animations] Support series of scroll offsets (#4912)

From: Olga Gerchikov via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 19:17:20 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This comment summarizes offline discussion between @majido and @ogerchikov regarding handling unsorted offsets.

Below are presented options:

1. Sort offsets on every current time calculation.
1. Throw if offsets are in wrong order.
1. Produce unresolved time if offsets are in wrong order.
1. Define heuristics for keeping only sorted values and ignore unsorted.

We feel that options 1 and 4 are hard to reason about and debug, option 2 is not practical since layout can change.

For initial implementation we feel that option 3 is the most desirable as it lets unsorted offsets to exist and resolved current time to be produced once/if the offsets become sorted. It also allows for future modifications towards options 1 or 4 if practical needs arise.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by ogerchikov
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4912#issuecomment-640820580 using your GitHub account