[csswg-drafts] [css-inline-3] Shift top | bottom | center values from alignment-baseline to baseline-shift (#5180)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2020 05:04:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
fantasai has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-inline-3] Shift top | bottom | center values from alignment-baseline to baseline-shift ==
In trying to harmonize CSS and SVG, we made the SVG `alignment-baseline` and `baseline-shift` longhands of CSS’s `vertical-align` property. Overall this seems to work pretty well, but I put the `top` and `bottom` (and the corresponding new `center` value) under `alignment-baseline`, but I'm wondering if maybe they're a better fit under `baseline-shift`? They don't exactly specify a baseline, and at least in CSS2 they were mutually exclusive with a shift value.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5180 using your GitHub account