Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Resolved values of grid-template-rows/columns don't round-trip (#4475)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019 23:04:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It may be clear to you, but it's definitely not what we meant to write. ^_^ There's absolutely no world in which implicit tracks make *any sense whatsoever* to show up in the value of properties that solely define the explicit tracks. (Not unless we alter the properties themselves to allow defining implicit tracks, which muddies the water quite a bit...)

I doubt anyone's depending on this, and if they are, uh, too bad I guess? If anything breaks we'll have to go back and see if we can change grid-template-rows/columns as you suggest to allow sizing implicit tracks as well; the current situation is just utterly broken.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4475#issuecomment-548603111 using your GitHub account