Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Don't require browsers to always match every generic font family to a concrete font family (#4442)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 22:00:39 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> WebKit (and other browsers too?) will consider this kind of signal when we "fall off the end" of the font-family list and have to pick a font for the content but can't use any of the fonts in the specified list.

Can you elaborate on this? I don't understand what you mean - are you saying that if the author puts `serif` at the end of their stack, but they use a character not mapped by the font that WebKit assigns to `serif`, it'll still influence what *additional* fonts WebKit looks for to find a mapping for the character?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4442#issuecomment-547164115 using your GitHub account