Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-pseudo-4] Should ::selection select hard wrap (or hard return) line break <br>? (#4460)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2019 21:57:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Hi @TalbotG, I think the test is correct, because the selection background should be inherited into `<br>` anyway. But also, it's OK if `<br>` is rendered as taking up space: the question of whether it should or not is outside the scope of css-pseudo-4, so not particularly important to consider for this test. (It should definitely not affect whether the text fits within its container, or at what size its container shrink-wraps, but if it's rendered during selection, it's not much of a problem I think.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4460#issuecomment-547163199 using your GitHub account