Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms] Let 'transform-origin' and 'transform' take comma-separated lists (#589)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 21:45:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I'm assuming that the commas in the transform property wouldn't have any other meaning / effect, other than grouping the transform sequence according to how they match to transform-origin (and transform-box, too!).

Ideally this would affect how animation works, specifically by bounding the sequences that get glommed together into a matrix() when there's a function mismatch.

> At the time I created this issue the CSS properties didn't exist yet. smile
Because the properties only accept single values (for now), I think the simplest solution is to keep their behavior as is, i.e. use the first transform-origin value for their transformation.

Agreed, having them as part of the first transform-group makes the most sense to me.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/589#issuecomment-539218168 using your GitHub account