Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-2] Is it necessary to serialize all 3 parameters of translate given the 3rd component is 0px (#3305)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 16:26:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm not sure why we'd *want* to interpret `10px 10px 0` as a 2d transform. It's clearly 3d; the author supplied three values.

While you're right that a CSS animation will indeed preserve the layer, setting things manually (either in an animation, or statically in a group of things with different z values) will still cause it to change its rendering if a `0` z value is treated as 2d.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3305#issuecomment-539094726 using your GitHub account