Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-forms] <select/> field pseudoelements (#2013)

From: Alex Rosario via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2019 15:48:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Web development in 2019 :)  I find myself looking to style optgroup (or at least only the label without affecting the whole group itself) and option for a project and have quickly come up to the limitations of what CSS properties actually apply to them (in particular, for optgroup background-color works but background-image doesn't and therefore neither do the other related background props). Please expand what CSS properties can apply to <select> and its related elements so we won't have to resort to super-custom semi-semantic solutions like the jQuery-based Select2 !

--
GitHub Notification of comment by apollolux
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2013#issuecomment-539078743 using your GitHub account