Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-2] Is it necessary to serialize all 3 parameters of translate given the 3rd component is 0px (#3305)

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 20:46:04 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
You never simplify any transform function into another, unless you're interpolating, sure, but I don't think it compares apples-to-apples. I still think this is a bug. Browsers are much better at layerizing nowadays, and websites can use `will-change: transform` if they need to hint the browser. So I think there's no reason to do this.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3305#issuecomment-539697034 using your GitHub account