Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Playing an animation does not account for an inactive timeline (#4379)

From: Jordan Taylor via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2019 16:07:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
My expectation is based on how AnimationWorklet handles the same situation. There is a WPT test [1] for AnimationWorklet that expects animation.currentTime to return null for the initially inactive timeline. If we return 0 as suggested this would create opposing expectations for systems that should mirror each other. Should the AnimationWorklet test be changed?

[1] https://cs.chromium.org/chromium/src/third_party/blink/web_tests/external/wpt/animation-worklet/inactive-timeline.https.html?l=63

--
GitHub Notification of comment by JTensai
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4379#issuecomment-537108596 using your GitHub account