[csswg-drafts] [css-ruby-1] ruby overhang control (#4492)

From: stantonma via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 00:41:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
stantonma has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-ruby-1] ruby overhang control ==
We (Kindle) have received feedback from publishers that overhanging ruby can confuse younger readers since the annotation/pronunciation is no longer directly above the base character. We'd like to give publishers the option to disable ruby overhang for certain content types like children's books.

This could also let us define the JLREQ default overhang of one ruby text character length as the default.

Proposed addition would be:

Name | ruby-overhang-limit
--- | ---
Value | \<length\>
Initial | 1em

Sets the maximum allowable overhang of ruby over allowable base characters. Length is relative to the ruby text font size.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4492 using your GitHub account