Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text][css-sizing] When to/not to include preserved trailing spaces (#3440)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2019 23:51:16 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Adding another space, however, moves "0" back to the right edge, and adding more doesn't move any longer. I think this isn't desired.

As Elika said, that's not what happens. What would happen at the various steps of the insertion is:
```
|  0|
```
```
| 0_|
```
```
|0__|
```
```
|0__|_
```

That is identical to the previous resolution. The difference is that if, instead of inserting spaces after 0 in a 3ch line, you insert spaces after "0 0" on a 5ch lines. You'd get this:
```
|  0_0|
```
```
| 0_0_|
```
```
|0_0__|
```
```
|0_0__|_
```

With the previous resolution, you would have had (this is only different at the last step):
```
|  0_0|
```
```