Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-variables] Substitution of invalid variables into other variables (#4075)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2019 22:07:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The spec does indeed say that #inner should get --y value of "foo".

I'm ambivalent about which direction we fix this in, but if following the spec makes the rest of ecosystem more consistent, then we should try and fix browsers (and the tests) to follow the spec. I do like when we can keep custom properties more in line with normal properties.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4075#issuecomment-507443201 using your GitHub account