Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid-1] Empty grid tracks should contribute to scrollable overflow (#3638)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 04:10:32 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org

Yes, and wrt scrollable overflow, this is really annoying to authors. You know that. We've been trying to fix it with the align properties in https://www.w3.org/TR/css-align-3/#overflow-scroll-position

> I agree with @MatsPalmgren, from the implementation point of view is strange than an abstraction like the grid can contribute by itself to the grid container's overflow area.

Padding, gaps, and boxes are also abstractions. I don't think authors see grid lines as particularly more abstract than these things, even if implementations do.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3638#issuecomment-463050032 using your GitHub account