Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] system-ui-serif, system-ui-monospaced, and system-ui-rounded (#4107)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 16:36:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think my position is, this is a good idea iff:
- The fonts exposed using system-ui-* to the Web are also exposed using regular font names to the Web, so that authors who want to use that specific font don't end up using system-ui-* when they don't actually want the system-ui-* font on other systems, they just specifically like the font that is used on a particular system.
- If that system-ui-* variant does not exist on the system, it falls back as if it were a font that didn't exist, so that the author can specify whether they want to fall back to system-ui or * or something else.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4107#issuecomment-525824422 using your GitHub account