Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists] Contradictory normative requirements for implicit 'list-item' counter? (#4167)

From: Domenic Denicola via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 13:59:33 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don't feel like that really answered my question though. In particular, how is HTML supposed to fulfill the "should" requirement? I can't understand how, unless "UA style sheet and presentational hint style mappings" are allowed to use magic (which I think would be unprecedented).

We have one proposed set of edits in https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/4816/files, but it uses a lot of undefined terminology and unprecedented mechanisms, which I'm unsure how we should proceed with.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by domenic
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4167#issuecomment-518245804 using your GitHub account