Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-lists] How does the list-item counter affect display? (#4168)

From: Domenic Denicola via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2019 13:56:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> That said, yes, the HTML spec should be updated to hook into css-lists-3 for list numbering, as it currently doesn't define the rendering of list numbers for CSS UAs at all.

Good catch! The sentence that currently reads

> When rendering li elements, non-CSS user agents are expected to use the ordinal value of the li element to render the counter in the list item marker.

was meant to read "user agents"; that was missed when we introduced the definition of "ordinal value".

That said, it sounds like perhaps that will be unnecessary soon, with proposals such as https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/4816, or the work you mentioned you and Tab intend to submit. (Assuming they gain the requisite multi-implementer interest.)

> We've done one better, and revised the section overall to be a little clearer. :)

Yep, my OP request is definitely fulfilled; thank you for your work!

--
GitHub Notification of comment by domenic
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4168#issuecomment-518244598 using your GitHub account