Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scrollbars][css-scrollbars-1] Can we simplify to two scroll-*-color properties?

From: Craig Kovatch via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 01:07:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
To me the most critical issue to address is making scrolling *visually* customizable without affecting the *behavior* at all. Scrolling is one of the most viscerally important human-computer interactions. We all get muscle-memory accustomed to whatever scrolling behavior is afforded by ones hardware + OS, and it's very important that the browser doesn't try to mess with this. To this end, it's important we don't just say "well if you need more, make a custom scroller" -- because that most often ends with a component that looks good but doesn't *feel* right, and in a very aggravating way.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by craigkovatch
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1960#issuecomment-400143822 using your GitHub account