Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical] Logical properties should be animatable like the physical ones

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 00:50:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
(I should clarify that responding to changes in the _animated_ value is more difficult than responding to other changes in the computed value.

In order to avoid triggering transitions due to animations, UAs need to distinguish between non-animated style updates and animated style updates. In Gecko we do this using a separate style resolution step for animations and I suspect in order to do transitions properly with regards to inheritance, other UAs will need to do something similar, if they don't already. As a result, while non-animation related changes will get picked up naturally during the animation styling, changes due to animation itself need special handling.

We already have a similar situation with `font-size` and custom properties but those only affect the property values where as this affects the property name mappings.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2751#issuecomment-396095822 using your GitHub account