Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-1] Define basis for percentage transform on patterns, gradients, clipPath

From: Dirk Schulze via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 06:46:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
We clarified that `gradientTransform` and `patternTransform` apply in the gradient coordinate space or pattern coordinate space respectively. The same space, percentage values of the `x`, `x1`, `x2`, `y`, `y1`, `y2`, `width` and `height` attributes need to get resolved to too.

I'd propose that we ignore the "reference box" specified by `transform-box` not the `pattern`, `linearGradient`, `radialGradient` and `clipPath` elements and reuse the reference box that the above named attributes use. @AmeliaBR any objections to this sentiment? Though, as @AmeliaBR mentioned, this reference box is not entirely interoperable. However, that is an issue of the SVG spec IMO.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dirkschulze
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/892#issuecomment-394063629 using your GitHub account