Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-1] Define basis for percentage transform on patterns, gradients, clipPath

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2018 18:09:17 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I'd propose that we ignore the "reference box" specified by transform-box not the pattern, linearGradient, radialGradient and clipPath elements and reuse the reference box that the above named attributes use. @AmeliaBR any objections to this sentiment?

That much I support.

And to clarify, for pattern and for mask, you're suggesting to use the "outer" reference box (`patternUnits`/`maskUnits`), not the `*ContentUnits` ?  I think that's the only approach that can logically be applied, since the transformation needs to apply to the full canvas (e.g., after pattern tiling).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/892#issuecomment-394447143 using your GitHub account