Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline] Line breaks inside drop-caps?

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 05:17:11 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Thinking about it some more... we actually can handle line breaks in initial letters. I forgot about that. See https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/WD-css-inline-3-20160524/#initial-letter-indentation So long as we can do that, handling block-level descendants and forced line breaks fall out.

It's possible that we may end up dropping that feature, in which case ruby-style inlinification would be appropriate... but it means that an initial letter would overflow rather than wrapping if it contained too much inline content, which isn't *great*. Makes sense for application to `::first-letter`, but not so much for initial words or phrases.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2886#issuecomment-408313990 using your GitHub account