Re: [csswg-drafts] Taking elements only out of the flow of imidiate parent, not out of flow of entire document

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 22:34:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
There was earlier a proposal for `position: grid()` which would allow pulling an element up out of its container into an ancestor grid. It was deferred from Level 1 however.

I think we may eventually get to doing something like this, but it'll be awhile. In the meantime, would you mind posting your markup and desired rendering, so we have a concrete use case to think about?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2806#issuecomment-407574000 using your GitHub account