Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical] Logical properties should be animatable like the physical ones

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 23:52:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> The minutes didn't explicitly mention text-orientation. I thought that was intended to also be "not animatable", but should it be "discrete"? Note that text-orientation and glyph-orientation-vertical should be consistent with each other.

See the earlier comments in this thread, but the reason for considering `text-orientation` not animatable is that the Logical Properties spec says, "The mapping depends on the element’s writing-mode, direction, and text-orientation." However, neither Xidorn or I could find how `text-orientation` affects the mapping. If it doesn't affect the mapping, then I think it would probably be ok to make it animatable.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2751#issuecomment-406906873 using your GitHub account