Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-logical][selectors] Should flow-relative border colors be allowed in :visited?

From: Emilio Cobos Álvarez via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 18:13:16 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Variables are a whole different step from value computation.

Saying that writing-mode and direction applies to `:visited`, but only in a half-assed way (for custom-property mapping, but not for layout or anything else) seems somewhat inconsistent.

Note that there's still another case we should define which is how should it resolve for `a:link { different-writing-mode }`.

What I've implemented in Gecko uses the unvisited writing mode unconditionally for custom-property mapping (that is, `:link` has effect in the `:visited` style), which is somewhat inconsistent, but was the only reasonable way to implement without adding a lot of extra complexity.

Also, I think it's a much easier behavior to implement at least for WebKit and Blink as well.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by emilio
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2844#issuecomment-406684247 using your GitHub account