Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] A single leading white-space should prevent word breaking honoring white-space: pre-wrap

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 14:34:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Then, only if it still overflows, we can apply additional breaking opportunities, like the ones provided by break-all.

This is not correct. The `overflow-wrap` property is for this purpose, it re-run the line breaker with additional break opportunities.

However, the `word-break` property and the 'line-break' property gives the additional break opportunity in all cases, regardless of it overflows or not. In other words, these properties are to change the break opportunities.

If the line overflows with the given break opportunities, then the `overflow-wrap` property kicks in.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2907#issuecomment-404851564 using your GitHub account