Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] A single leading white-space shouuld prevent word breaking honoring white-space: pre-wrap

From: Ilya Streltsyn via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 11:40:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I can't find anywhere in the spec that the white-space processing phase should come _after_ the wrapping. My understanding is that the white-space processing phase should come _before_ it, because otherwise the browser wouldn't know whether this space would be removed or not, so it would not be able to determine whether the wrapping after the initial white space is needed.

I assume that `word-wrap: break-all` simply increases the number of possible places where wrapping can occur, _if needed_, and when the better opportunity is present, then the break after the space becomes not needed.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SelenIT
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2907#issuecomment-404808694 using your GitHub account