Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] A single leading white-space shouuld prevent word breaking honoring white-space: pre-wrap

From: Ilya Streltsyn via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 09:42:22 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
My intuitive expectation from `word-break:break-all` is that each letter is treated as a separate "word" (as CJK ideographs usually do), so I expect the break opportunities on each word boundary to have the same priority (i.e. the break opportunity after the white space should _not_ be prioritized above the break opportunity between the letters). That's why I expect the example 4 to render the same way as example 3 in Chrome. This is also consistent with what _most_ browsers do (so it would need only Chrome to fix behavior in 4.2 and Safari to fix behavior in 4.1 to get the complete interoperability across browsers).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SelenIT
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2907#issuecomment-404782967 using your GitHub account